Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Update November 23, 2020
At Polar Latitudes, we’ve always had a “safety first” attitude toward every aspect of our travels. It’s why, when it became clear early on that the COVID-19 virus wasn’t going anywhere soon, we were the first to cancel this upcoming Antarctic season, as much as it broke our hearts.
We are still strongly committed to the 21-22 season, and with the great news regarding new vaccines as well as treatments and testing procedures, we are very much looking forward to getting back to the continent we love. Our bookings tell us many of you feel the same. But we’re not resting. While we are still a year away from our next voyage and the virus situation is evolving daily, we are using this time to plan for every possible scenario. We are monitoring developments both medically as well as with our gateway cities, and rest assured that we will always err on the side of nothing less than the very best safety protocols for our fellow explorers.
For more information regarding our COVID policies and procedures on board, please visit our COVID Health and Safety page.
Update October 1, 2020
For departures November 2021 and beyond.
If Polar Latitudes is forced to postpone any voyage, we will issue a full credit at 120% of the value of funds received for any voyage to be booked within 24 months. Additionally, please note that any credit issued is fully transferable.
Similarly, if a guest is unable to join their existing voyage due to government restrictions, virus-related medical reasons, or restrictions placed upon us by the ship owners, Polar Latitudes will re-accommodate the guest on a future Antarctic voyage within the next twenty-four months.
As of July 22, 2020
With your health, safety and well-being as our primary concern, we have assessed all the shifting factors that face us as we approach our upcoming 2020-2021 Antarctic season in the COVID-19 era. We reviewed travel and border restrictions, proposed operating protocols, ship hygiene and physical distancing practices, as well as monitored government advisories to determine how to proceed.
Our assessment revealed that the procedures we would need to put in place would make it impossible for us to give you the type of high-level, fully immersive experience we expect of ourselves, and that you have a right to expect from us. Moreover, even with those burdensome procedures in place, we would still have had concerns regarding potential COVID-19 threats.
With that in mind, we deemed it in best interest of all not to operate the 2020-2021 season, and to invite booked guests to join us for the 2021-2022 and 2022-23 seasons.
At this point we have successfully moved the vast majority of our guests to later departures.
We know that this is difficult time for you, as well as all of our partners and guests around the world, and we hope everyone stays safe and healthy. We look forward to traveling with you all again soon!
Thank you for your understanding.
Policy changes/updates will be posted based on new information as it emerges.