Antarctica Themed Cocktails
Polar Ice Margarita
Allison Cusick: Biologist, Oceanographer, Polar Guide and co-founder of Citizen Science project Fjord Phyto (to which Polar Latitudes guests contribute to as part of our Citizen Science program). Allison whipped up this tasty frozen delight – complete with polar themed ice cubes! Ingredients:
- Aquafaba (garbanzo bean liquid from the can, for foam, a replacement for traditional egg white drinks)
- 2oz Tequila (get the good stuff)
- 1/2 – 1oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 oz mint simple syrup (you can make your own with mint leaves, sugar, water)
- 1/4 oz Blue Curaçao (for preferred color)
- Dry shake (no ice) the Aquafaba in a shaker until frothy
- Add ice into the shaker with the rest of the ingredients
- Shake 15 seconds
- Pour into a glass of choice
- salted rim optional
- Add your polar ice cubes (polar bear or penguin ice cube molds) as a decorative topper.
- Enjoy and pretend you’re chilling at the Poles!
Social Media Manager Kristy came across this recipe from the Tipsy Bartender, and the combination of frozen blue goodness was so startlingly reminiscent of those beautiful shades of iceberg it became an instant must-make. Ingredients:
- 1oz Vodka
- 2oz Coconut Rum
- 1.5oz Blue Caraçao
- 1/2oz Island Punch Pucker or Blue Caraçao
- 1/2oz Lemon/Lime soda (ex. 7Up)
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- In a blender with ice, combine 1oz vodka, 1oz of the coconut rum, 1/2 Island Punch Pucker or Blue Caraçao and pineapple juice. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- In a separate blender with ice, combine 1oz Coconut Rum, 1.5oz Blue Curacao, and lemon lime soda. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
- Fill your serving glass with half of each blended mix and garnish with a cherry
- Sit back and start planning your adventure to Antarctica!
The PL G&T
When Polar Latitudes Founder and President John McKeon finished his work day – whether it’s masterminding plans for the future or finishing up a day driving a Zodiac in the Southern Ocean – he likes to relax and enjoy this lively and refreshing cocktail.
- 2oz Hendricks Gin
- Tonic Water
- Fresh slice of cucumber
- Fill rocks glass with ice
- Add Gin
- Top with Tonic
- Garnish with cucumber slice
- Sip and savour your amazing memories (or future memories) of traveling the White Continent
We hope you enjoy this little bit of Antarctic inspiration. Grab your drink and sip while you look at our selection of itineraries. Before you know it you might be sipping a cocktail in Antarctica on board our ship! Got questions? Reach out to our team to learn more about our voyages any time!