Immersive Photography with Ami Vitale
Antarctica is a Photographer’s dream
We are excited to announce an extraordinary opportunity to join us on a photography safari guided by one of the most celebrated photographers of our time – Ami Vitale.
Ami, a Nikon Ambassador and National Geographic photographer, writer, speaker, and documentary filmmaker, will lead a photo expedition during our November 1st, 2024 departure of the popular Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica itinerary. This region is home to some of the most unique and abundant wildlife on earth, providing one of the most jaw-dropping nature scenes you will ever experience.
Ami shares her enthusiasm, stating, “I am absolutely thrilled to embark on the upcoming photo expedition to the mesmerizing landscapes of the Falklands, South Georgia, and Antarctica with the exceptional team of Polar Latitudes. The prospect of capturing the raw beauty and pristine wilderness of these remote regions fills me with a sense of awe and anticipation. This journey is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure into the untouched wonders of the Southern Hemisphere, and I know it will be an opportunity to connect this group of adventurous travelers to the delicate balance of nature.”
Ami Vitale, shooting on location
Throughout her highly accomplished career, Ami has utilized her camera and unique storytelling ability to craft narratives that make us see, think, care, and act. In this program, you’ll learn how to tell your own Antarctica story through the fascinating sights and experiences you’ll capture in this rich and inspiring environment. Move beyond the typical ‘penguin shot’ to create images that are both unique and personal, while honing your overall photography skill set over 20 days of personalized guidance and critique in a small group setting. The goal of this low-pressure course is to take great pictures, become better photographers, and have some fun along the way.
On Board Photography Program with Polar Latitudes
As we travel through the pristine and inspiring landscapes, you will:
- Hear from Ami as she recounts some of her fascinating and important experiences advocating – through photography, film, writing, speaking opportunities, and Vital Impacts – for our fragile global environment and those who inhabit it.
- Join your fellow photographers, led by Ami, on immersive photo expeditions throughout our journey. Receive invaluable guidance as you capture the breathtaking sights all around you
- Have an opportunity to participate in a series of personalized photo reviews during which Ami will offer constructive feedback on images you are capturing throughout the journey.
- Learn how you can join Ami’s global network of environmental storytellers, employing art and advocacy to inspire the next wave of planetary change-makers.
Bring Your Passion and Whatever Camera You Have
There’s a time-honored saying: “The best camera is the one you have with you.” And that’s as true in Antarctica as anywhere, maybe even more so, with the incredible advancement in camera phone technology.
You’ll have much to gain from this unique photographic journey if you:
- Have a camera, whether it’s the most advanced DSLR or simply the one in your pocket
- Have a desire to level up your photography game
- Are keen to do it in a place unlike any other on the planet
- Want to learn alongside one of the most accomplished photojournalists working today.
*Due to anticipated demand, some small-group features of the program, such as personalized photo reviews, may be offered on a first-come-first-served basis, with sign-up required.
More about Ami:
Ami Vitale is a Nikon Ambassador and National Geographic photographer, writer, speaker, and documentary filmmaker. She has been called one of the most influential photographers of her generation. Over three decades, her work has unraveled the intricate connections between war and the environmental crisis. Her iconic images and stories portray the interdependence of humanity and the planet’s well-being.
As the founder and executive director of Vital Impacts, Ami is helping to foster a global network of environmental storytellers, employing art and advocacy to inspire the next wave of planetary change-makers. Recognized as one of InStyle magazine’s 50 Badass Women, Ami’s contributions extend beyond accolades, demonstrating a commitment to unveiling the symbiotic relationship between people and the Earth.
Interested in booking this voyage to Antarctica with Ami?
Contact your preferred travel professional or reach out to us here.